Sunday, August 24, 2008

Carmelo Makes His Endorsement

By: Harry Waisbren

Fresh off winning an Olympic gold medal, Carmelo Anthony discussed his fervent support for Barack Obama as well as his hopes to meet him at the convention:
"I support him 100 percent," Anthony said. "I'm not a politician, I can tell you
that right now. But I support Barack Obama. That's history, too, for it to go on
at the place where I work. I'd love to be a part of that."

Although Melo's endorsement is probably a far cry popularity wise when compared to Lebron James', Anthony living and working in Denver could add a different dynamic at the upcoming DNC convention. The fact that the convention is held at the same place the Nuggets play is just added icing on the cake.

As an ardent NBA fan, I hope they find some sort of speaking role for Anthony like they did for Chauncey Billups when Obama came to Michigan:



It's the opinion of this lowly dirty hippie blogger that if Obama has to play by the Jackie Robinson rules of racism he might as well just embrace the sports metaphors and run with 'em. Besides, this argument is made a whole lot easier through the fact that the guy is a straight up baller:

No comments: