Thursday, May 1, 2008

Responsible Plan delivery

by: Harry Waisbren

Below is a picture of me delivering a copy of the Responsible Plan to End the War in Iraq to Rep. Tammy Baldwin's (D-WI) office as part of a campaign by True Majority. Sadly, I was unable to speak to her as she was in Washington, but I was able to give a copy to her District Director, Curt Finkelmeyer.

Finkelmeyer seemed genuinely interested in the plan and noted that Baldwin has already endorsed plan supporter Jared Polis. He promised to relay a copy to the congresswoman, and I certainly hope he can as it'd be great to have another true progressive like her on board.

Advocating this plan is one of the two goals for the Madison chapter of Campus Progress that I am helping to establish, and I plan on using Mad Progress to discuss it extensively in the future. Hopefully my writing will do this truly remarkable plan justice, and I plan on focusing much more of my attention on it following our True Cost of War kickoff event tomorrow.

No comments: