Trick or treat? The American people have been tricked -- big time. First, by bewitching promises of no money down loans, zero percent interest, and housing prices that would supernaturally rise indefinitely; and now by CEOs and Wall Street warlocks who cried “Crisis!” and demanded a bailout, then retreated to their haunted mansions -- or luxury spas!
This Friday at 1pm ET/10 am PT, we’ll talk to economist Dean Baker, co-director of theCenter for Economic and Policy Research, about just how terrifying this economy really is. Joining Baker will be bloggers Hale Stewart (The Bonddad Blog) and Isaiah Poole (Campaign for America's Future), who will weigh in on what’s ahead for the economy and what the next administration can and should do to get us back on the right track.
So check out the articles below and join us for a live blog discussion on Meet the BloggersFriday at 1pm ET/10 am PT to chat with our featured bloggers. That is, if you're not too scared!
- The Battle for Obama's Economic Soul -- Robert Scheer, Truthdig
- Battle of the Narratives -- Robert Kuttner, The American Prospect
- 5 Reasons Why Wall Street's Bailout Won't Work, Danny Schecter AlterNet
- Redistribution: From Joe the Plumber to Robert Rubin -- Dean Baker, The Huffington Post
- Tax Cuts an Inefficient Stimulus -- Isaiah Poole, Campaign for America's Future
- One Final Look at the Disaster of Bush's Economic Record -- Hale "Bonddad" Stewart, The Huffington Post
- A New Progressive Era? -- Robert Borosage, Campaign for America's Future